Ajahn chah

• The Life and Teachings of Ajahn Chah: Remembrances of His Western Students

Ajahn Chah - Remembrances of His Western Students

Ein paar Geschichten ( in English) über Ajahn chah, von seinen engsten wesentlichen Schülern.

"On this first trip to a non - Buddhist country, we flew on Thai International. On takeoff from Karachi, Pakistan - at that time, they didn't have direct flights - one of the tires on the landing gear exploded. The pilot told us to take emergency measures; there would have to be an emergency landing in Rome. I explained all this to Ajahn Chah. He had to take out his false teeth. Meanwhile, people were begging Ajahn Chah to save them. They were frightened. He seemed quite amused by the whole thing even though I think he fully expected the plane to crash. As it turned out, we had only a bumpy landing. When we left the plane, all the Thai people who had been begging for help didn't even notice us. They didn't say anything to us at all. They were looking at the beautiful hostesses instead. Ajahn Chah said, "When they are in trouble, they come to me. When they aren't, they like the pretty women."