Beiträge von cinnamon im Thema „Unterschied Zazen und Vipassana“

Das Zitat wird doch nur im Kontext klar. Der Theravadin Ajahn Sucitto versteht es :)Reflections: Ajahn Sucitto: July 2012

Zitat

The awareness that is liberated through such realization is just ‘aññā’ ‘the Knowing.’ It’s a knowing that has no subject, a development based on, but beyond, the mindful knowing and witnessing of what arises. At each stage of Awakening, as places where self-view congregates get freed, there is the Knowing, dispassionate and free from positions. And the Buddha constantly refused to make a self out of that.

A tangle inside, a tangle outside

This generation is entangled in a tangle.

I ask you this, O Gotama

Who can disentangle this tangle…?

Where name-and-form ceases,

Stops without remainder,

And also impingement and perception of form:

It is here this tangle is cut.

S1.23

And to be even more pithy, there’s the conclusion of the brief exchange between the Emperor and Bodhidharma:

‘Then who is this who stands before me?’

‘Your Majesty, I don’t know.’

Hab ein schönes Zitat von Huineng gefunden:

Zitat

Zazen is seated meditation-the opposite of contemplation-the emptying of the mind of all thoughts in order simply to be. In the midst of all evil, not a thought is aroused in the mind-this is called za. Seeing into one's Self-nature, not being moved at all-this is called Zen.

Sinngemäß etwa: Im Gegensatz zur Kontemplation ist die Sitzmeditation Zazen, das Ausleeren des Geistes von allen Gedanken, um einfach nur zu sein. In mitten allem Übel, wird kein Gedanke getriggert- das nenn man za. Anm.: das verstehe ich als Ruhemeditation.

Einsicht in die eigene Natur ohne bewegt zu sein, das heißt Zen. Anm.: Darunter verstehe ich Einsichtsmeditation.

An anderer Stelle verwendet Huineng ein Bild von einer Lampe, die Licht wirft. Die Lampe ist der Stabilisator im SInne der Ruhemeditation und das Licht die Einsicht. Beides kann man nicht voneinander trennen. (Das war aus Huinengs Kommentar zum Diamant-Sutra, meine ich mich zu erinnern.)